Tomorrow the boys start school. I cannot believe that our summer is already over, and that I'll have a 4th and 2nd grader. I'm just not ready for it. I always have a hard time when the kiddos start school. I enjoy everyone being home. I enjoy the plans we get to make, the things we get to do together. I enjoy not waking up so early, not stressing out about homework, not worrying about the heartache and worries that sometimes upset their worlds, and just having a somewhat slower life is always wonderful. When we are busy it is most likely because of our own doing. Don't get me wrong, there are days when we all drive each other crazy, but still, summertime is hard to give up.
But give it up we must. I suppose they need to learn. They need to enjoy the highs and learn how to get through the lows. Schedules are good too, right? Yes, they are. The glance I just took at our home and thinking of my "to do" list tells me that schedules definitely have their purpose, and that it is time to get back onto a better one. *sigh*
Farewell summer.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
GOodness, your post made ME apprehensive for our summer to end and I still have 2.5 weeks. gargabe.
It is so hard to be happy for something you know is good for you that you just don't want to do. I think you sing true to all our hearts. Good luck Lanita!
So I think we are singing the same song.
Wow - that's exactly what I've been thinking! I was wishing today for just another couple of weeks, or more. :) I think that's why I wouldn't be able to do homeschooling - I don't think I would be disciplined enough to do it. :)
A month later...I am feeling the same way. Today 9-1 my kids went back to school. As I returned home from dropping them off I looked around the house and realized my work has just begun.
Miss ya
I'm thinkin' an update on your blog is in order!! :0)
Post a Comment