Saturday, October 23, 2010

Heart Breaker

A few weeks ago at bedtime I walked by the boys' bedroom and saw Chase trying to sneak into Seth's bed. I snapped at him to get into his own bed. A few minutes later I went to go check on them and to make sure my orders were obeyed. I found Chase quietly crying on the floor. I told him I would lay by him (yes, that bedtime-induced cold heart of mine was beginning to melt) and as he was getting up he explained to me through his tears, "My life is ruined because Seth goes to school everyday." There was my heart, a puddle on the floor. I completely caved in (wouldn't you have?). They snuggled up together and fell fast asleep--after giggling and talking for too long, of course.

5 comments:

ashleyboice said...

sometimes I feel we are living the same life. Sleeping boys are the best.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, that's adorably sad. I would have caved too, and welcome back to the real word. I mean the cyber world.

Rebecca said...

I love how kids start using big people words they hear. I'm glad you took a picture. I didn't have to convince mom to let Michelle sleep by me, I had to convince MICHELLE! You know how she is about comfortable sleeping arrangements.

rachel said...

Okay, I'm tearin' up. You have the cutest boys, Lanit, really.

Becky said...

You made me all teary-eyed, too! That's so cute! I totally would've caved!! That's one of the many things that makes it so worthwhile to be a parent!