Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Creative Politicking

A couple of weeks ago we were driving home from something. It was a weekend evening and getting a little late. Abram asked if they could stay up and watch a movie when we got home. We replied in the negative. "Pleeeeeassseee?" "No." And then came this response: "It's time for......The Bell Boy Beg!" Right on cue all boys began begging and whining for this favor. It was funny (the first time) and needless to say their wish came true, though it has proven not to be as effective since.

When I heard this witty alliteration I had this flashback of watching Care Bear movies and hearing them declare, "It's time for....The Care Bear Stare!" upon which they would point their bellies upon the unsuspecting victim and....do.....I'm not quite sure what, but whatever it was it worked and the bottom line was, they got their way. I'm not so sure that this comparison is too off base (though don't tell the boys I'm comparing them to Tender Heart and Cheer Bear. Then again on second thought, d0).

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So if I say, "Lanito Bonito, give me something to eato pronto," you will cook me up something delicious?

Papa Beaver said...

Yeah, those things only work once....maybe twice......depends on the harmony..

Unknown said...

I love it when they get creative. I also love it when they use big words very seriously trying to argue their side. Kids are amazing. We are so blessed. I hope things are going good with you guys and that you had a GREAT Christmas/New Year!!!