Sunday, September 2, 2012

Randoms

My 33rd birtday was a couple of weeks ago.  It was an extremely busy day, but all of my boys did their best to make me feel loved and appreciated nonetheless.  In the morning I woke up to a little ukulele and drum show by Seth and Chase while Abram made me pancakes.  I had to post this picture of the goodies Chase worked so hard on for me.  I was given a homemade pillow (blanket wrapped and twisted around another one) and this stuffed animal thing-a-ma-jig (Uniqua's coveralls with a camo bandana going through it).  Boy was he so excited for me to have this and assured me I could sleep with it every night.  Seth also presented me with this necklace which is a good luck charm in fact.  I do love my boys.  All of them.

They were hiding behind the couch during the show. 
I liked the pillowy bench they invited me to sit on.




Seth and Chase both lost teeth within minutes of each other.  They were actually in time-outs in separate rooms.  I guess Seth was bored because he decided it was a good time to yank a tooth out.  He called out to Chase to tell him what he'd done and encouraged him to do the same (knowing that Chase had a loose tooth, too).  Best friends once again, and not to be outdone by his brother, Chase pulled his tooth out as well.  They were so proud.  Time outs were cancelled and happy boys rushed to each other to show one another their bloody teeth and new looks.



Last week we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse with our surrogate grandparents, Don and Margie.  It sure was fun.  Seth and Chase decided to get their face's painted while we were there.  The transformation was miraculous.  Not only did they look like tigers, but were acting like them the rest of the night!







Abram had his annual Summer Fiddling Concert last weekend.  He did so great, and it was so much fun to hear him play.  I'm working on uploading a video, so will hopefully post that soon. 

 
 
Last but not least, Sam and I got to go teach at Standard's Night for our ward last Sunday (now, now, don't be too jealous).  I was a little nervous to leave the boys home alone as there had been a lot of fighting going on that day.  We laid done some more specific rules, including them getting into bed at 8, and with cell phones in hand headed out.  When we came home they were all tucked into their beds and not only that but Abram had done some dishes, they had a great time playing all sorts of games together, and we found this on our table. 




We do have such great boys.  How nice it was to come home to not only goodies but love as well.  Shoot, looks like we need to leave more often. :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

What great stories! I love that Seth and Chase bonded over their lost teeth and ooh, look at that fancy writing on the note accompanying your late-date snacks.

Dawn W said...

Your world makes me smile. What a great tooth story especially!

Rebecca said...

Oh my, my heart swells just reading it. Can life get any better than the gifts they are giving?!