I find it difficult to switch gears after the previous post. To post about, what now seems, frivolous things feels inconsequential. Sometimes I find it hard to continue on with my life here knowing that things are so difficult there. I feel guilty knowing how hard it is both physically and emotionally for Becky and her family right now, and yet here we go off to the swimming pool for a good time with friends. It just doesn't seem right. And yet life must go on. I guess that's what's so surprising about this whole thing. I'm not sure what else I should expect--for the world to stop, for responsibility to cease while we get through this? If only......
Life goes on at our house, continuing to be full of bellylaughs and bellyflops. And it's not inconsequential. I know that. Just don't think me heartless for plowing on with my posts as if everything is hunky dory. Trust me, this whole thing is very much a part of my everyday life.
In case you were wondering, Becky continues to fight. She's into her 3rd week of radiation and chemotherapy. It's tough going, after all it is her brain we're dealing with. Yet despite the fog that the treatments put her into, she valiantly sallies forward. Her baby Caleb is indeed home and doing wonderfully.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been wondering about your sister and nephew, so thanks for the update. So sorry for all she's going through, and for the emotional roller coaster it must be for you and your family. It must be so hard. I will keep praying!
Heartless? Never! I completely understand how it would be hard to go on with every day life though. I'm glad that her baby is doing well and that she is fighting. But Becky is blessed to have such an amazing sister and family! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!
Post a Comment