Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ugh

I was excited to get up and going again, however this past week was a busy and not so fun one. Sam was in Hartford all week and we had Pack meeting, violin recital, and a school program to cram in during his absence. To top it off, we got The Crud: low-grade fever, achy, sore throat, and a miserable DRY hack. I'm still trying to shake it. In addition, I feel like a deer in headlights as far as where to start with my blogging. There's nothing like the present....

Here is Abram, I mean, Babe Ruth. After Abram wrote his "Famous American" report, we got to go to the classroom and look at the "wax museum" of all the famous Americans. Amazingly enough they would come to life and tell us interesting facts about themselves. It was pretty cute.






This is from Abram's violin recital. He was sick and running a fever, so we asked to go first, and then we split. It was nothing short of a miracle that he didn't cough during his performance. (It's a 4 minute piece, so watchers beware.)



This is a little something Seth made for me because I'm "such a great mom." I thought the brass fasteners were a nice touch.


And some pictures of my cute 2 year old.....


7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Abram, your bowing appears flawless and is that a vibrato I heard sneaking in there?! Wonderful job, I gave you a standing ovation.
Lanita, the pictures of Chase really capture his different sides, loved it. And what an honorary gift from Seth!
I would think being so busy without Sam would be bitter sweet; it keeps you occupied to not miss him so much, but you're wiped out!

Mama Tales said...

Abram what a great thing to be able to play and memorize such great music. Seth, what a treasure. Your Mother must be honored that you would share so many special things that are special to a 6 year old boy. Chase, Grandma can't wait to hear your great big belly laugh. What a great post.

Anne said...

Holy Molie Abram! I am so impressed you did that even with a raging fever. Great Job! WOW!
I can't even get my kids to sit still for 4mins.
Hope everyone gets better soon!

Dawn W said...

Wow! Abram - you're amazing! I can't believe that was all memorized. You did a great job.

So sorry that you've been sick at your house - hope you're feeling better soon.

Becky said...

Abram did an awesome job on his violin piece! Maybe he'll be the next Joshua Bell or Yo Yo Ma (ok, he's a cellist, but you know...).
Love the pics of Chase - and the gift from Seth! Those are the best gifts! :o)

Josh and Emily said...

I can't believe how good Abram is at the violin! I really love your blog, it is so fun to be able to catch back up with your family after all of these years.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lanita, Abram NEVER ceases to inspire me with his music. What incredible talent. Chase's pictures are so darling, too. What a fun catch up on all three boys.