Friday, July 31, 2009

Family Reunion Part 4--Our Mini Trek

(And you thought I was done.) Mom and Dad brought up their handcart that we used on our stake trek back in '97. We went on our own mini trek with the family, going about 5 miles total. It was a really neat experience, and I got quite a different perspective this time around. Before, as a teenager, I had an incredible experience on our trek looking at life through a pioneer. This time around I was looking at life through a pioneer mother, and it was a humbling thing.

At our halfway point we stopped for a little dinner. The kids had fun exploring the area. And of course, more pictures.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you got a picture of the tree they were monkeying on. And Seth looks like how I felt after how many marshmallow suprises I ate!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had soooo much fun!!