
First off I must apologize for the goofiness of the placement of these pictures. I'm too tired to try to figure out why it's being stubborn. February was a great month. Two of some of my most favorite people came to visit. First off was my sister friend Jenn. We laughed when we realized that it had "only" been 4 months since she and her family left us for Indiana. Really? Surely it had been longer than that! We had such a nice time catching up and doing what we do best, holding the couch down. Of course there was yummy food involved as well as arm wrestling matches, a stroll through the neighborhood--the old Stomping Grounds, a little shopping, chilling with the chillins, and visiting friends. Oh, and I must add Jenn was great moral support while Abram went on his first overnight Scouting trip. The distraction was very much needed. On a side note I must add that Abram had a BLAST on his trip. The only glitch seemed to be when at breakfast, Abram heard his leaders yell to RUN and take cover. He looked around to see everyone booking it and the propane tank on fire. Thankfully there was no explosion. Seriously, how does any boy make it through the Scouting program alive? Anyhow, the weekend just zoomed by, and in the blink of an eye I was taking Jenn back to the airport. It just didn't seem right. I still sometimes can't believe they don't live here any longer. Humph. What a much needed and fun reunion it was.
The following weekend my sister Michelle stopped by for a visit. Talk about being spoiled! Our weekend also revolved around good eats (yes, I'm still recovering from last month!), lots of Just Dance, laughs, courtesy of Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan, some Twister action, The Container Store, and, as tradition follows, Cold Stone. Michelle treated the boys to lunch at this yummy creamery. They couldn't believe their luck. I must mention what they ordered because it was too funny:
Seth: Cake batter ice cream with gummi bears and marshmallows.
Chase: Cotton candy ice cream with gummi bears and m&m's.
Abram: Oreo ice cream with sprinkles and m&m's.
Seth, who is usually one of the first to polish off yummy foods, was taking his sweet time. When I asked him about it, he just smacked his lips and said, "I'm making a memory." They were in hog heaven. Aunt Michelle scored some points on that one! Michelle also introduced me to the world of indexing. She's quite the maniac, but I must admit that it IS very addicting. Once you start, you just can't stop! We had such a nice time together. Her visit went by way to fast as well. Why can't we live closer? Just writing about our good times is making me miss her all over again. Double Humph.
4 comments:
Wow, your February was doubly exciting! Glad Abram survived his scout trip (yikes!) and I love that your sister took the kids out to ice cream for lunch (though I am shaking my head at the concoctions they came up with! I am an ice cream traditionalist, I guess. You know.) I LOVE Seth's response that he's "making a memory." That is awesome.
Those are some pretty intense dancing faces and I don't think Michelle is supposed to be showing her teeth in that ice cream photo-chase is sure trying hard not to at least! I love the cheesecake bags!
p.s. you didn't mention who won the pictured arm wrestle!
What is this "indexing" of which you speak? Superdork must know.
What a fun month! Isn't it fun to have out of town guests? :)
Post a Comment