Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our Seth

Really, where does all the time go?  I feel like life just keeps speeding up.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything, let alone blogging about it.  Here goes another attempt.

Last month, our Seth turned 9 years old!  What a fun birthday we had.  The best part, for me anyhow, was taking the family out for his birthday dinner.  After learning what a buffet was, he decided he wanted to try out Country Buffet.  So off we went.

Boy do I wish I had brought my camera.  To see these boys look at ALL the food, especially and including the dessert island, was absolutely priceless.  "You mean, we can eat ANY of this?  And as much as we want?"  They had died and gone to heaven.  They were darting all over the place, and I had to remind them they needn't run, that the food food wasn't going anywhere.  They ate to their hearts' content, and then some, including two rounds of Icees and several trips to get dessert.  As Seth put it, it was "the best dinner EVER!"

Seth got to have a friend birthday party, and going along with his obsession with G.I. Joe, we had a military theme.  With target practice, boot camp, capture the flag, and other games, I think it was a hit.  At least Seth had a blast, and that was what we were going for.  Now for a montage of pictures.



















Seth was only a little excited to get all of his G.I. Joe loot.

We sure love having Seth in our family!  His facial expressions, sound effects, and quick wit keep us in stitches.  Seth's imagination is incredible.  I am always amazed at the stories he comes up with or the games he invents.  Though he's all boy, I love how kind and thoughtful he can be and what a sensitive little heart he has.  Seth desires to do the right, and I love him for that.  Some of his current favorites:

Favorite Book:  (he hates this question, because he can never decide.  He is a READER!)  Hating to be pinned down, he is going to go with.....(I'm still waiting for his decision)....okay, we're having to compromise with "a" favorite book as opposed to "the" favorite book.....(still waiting)....Inheritance.  Boy was that painful.

Favorite Movie:  Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark (I know, we're heathen parents, but I promise that's the only one he's seen).

Favorite Food:  Texas Toast (this one is news to me.  Apparently it's a hot lunch special).

Favorite Sport:  Wrestling
Favorite Thing To Do:  "Tumble around with my brothers"

Favorite Scripture Story:  Anything where Captain Moroni is involved.

Favorite Toy:  G.I. Joes

When he grows he wants to be an Army Green Beret.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Haha -- the description of the buffet is awesome! I love it! And those pictures are fantastic; look how happy he is.

Michelle said...

I have an idea. Will you throw me a birthday party for my birthday this year? Good? Good.