Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween

Boy, do I have some catching up to do!

Halloween.  Not my favorite holiday.  Take it or leave it.  In fact, you can leave it.  I'm amazed at all the various parties/celebrations surrounding this "holiday."  Really?  Then the crowing event of going trick or treating and collecting even more gobs of candy.  Enough already.  I admit, we result to bribery.  The boys pick out 10 pieces of candy, surrender the rest, and I buy them a toy. 

I didn't get any pictures from the Trunk or Treat, or the school Fall Festival, or the parties in the boys' classrooms, but I do have a few from Halloween Night.  The boys were going to be The 3 Ninjas, but by the time Halloween finally rolled around, Chase changed his mind and walked out of his room dressed like a "farmer."                                       
 
 
And here are pictures from the inevitable and ever-messy pumpkin carving.  I'll tell you what, this is ten times worse than dying Easter eggs.  The things we do for our kids. 
 





Chase's

Abram's

Seth's


 
Lastly, here are pictures of a family activity that I actually did enjoy.  We used a Groupon to go to Pope Farms, a good 1 1/2 hours up north.  The only time we could get up there was in the evening, so we bundled up and headed out.  The boys had fun climbing on the haystacks and jumping on the jumpy-thingy.
 
 








Eventually we decided it was time to hit the corn maze.  We stood in line for about 20 minutes only to discover a "skeleton" guarding the entrance.  Apparently we were standing in line for the haunted maze.  I was none too happy but with a vote of 4 to 1, I was outnumbered and off we went.  Yikes!  The boys LOVED it, chainsaw chasers and all.  It was most definitely creepy and jumpy, but knowing the creatures couldn't touch you brought me much relief.  Hidden in layers and with my peripheral vision obscured due to my trusty hood, I had any easier time finding a happy place and getting through the night.  Chase, apparently, wasn't scared once.  Crazy kids.

First Entering the Maze.  It was still all fun and games at this point.

Waiting in line to enter a spooky trailer in the maze, full
of yet more scary things.  The line was a nice reprieve.
There's nothing like warming up with a little hot chocolate.  We gulped it down and headed home.  It was a late night and we had a couple of boys crash and burn on the way back.





No comments: