
I'm not sure where I want to start. I'm not sure what I want to say. Since December 14th, my heart has felt so heavy. When there's a quiet moment in my day, my eyes fill with tears and I try not to sob. I find myself trying to stay busy so as to not dwell on the tragic events of that day. I can't help but personalize it as I look at my children, especially my 6 year old. I feel his little body and hold him in my arms, and my heart absolutely breaks for those parents who've lost their babies. I've thought too much about that terrible scene and perhaps have become too obssessed with the details. I've been loosing sleep and having irrational fears. But then again, what is even remotely rational about executing small children? What kind of world is this where going to the movies, sending my children to school, going shopping at the mall, or even letting my children play outside, makes me have second thoughts? It's just all so terribly, terribly sad. I know I'm not the only one to feel this way. We're all struggling right now. I pray that the comforting peace from our Savior will distill upon all of our hearts. I take comfort in the Christmas hymn we sang (or I tried to sing) yesterday in church.
And in despair, I bow'd my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song,
Of Peace on earth, good will to men."
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song,
Of Peace on earth, good will to men."
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep;
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With Peace on earth, good will to men."
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With Peace on earth, good will to men."
2 comments:
So beautifully expressed. There is hope on earth. The way you raise your children and the love you share with others, displaying our Savior's love, brings ME great hope. Merry Christmas!
Lanita,
I have spent a lot of time as well thinking about things, crying, holding my sweet children, and wondering if we had made the best choice bringing them into this world where such horrible things happen. The day that if happened I found out right before I was heading into the temple. I had this overwhelming feeling of Sanctuary as I entered. Since then I have spent a lot of time praying how even my worries and concerns are works of the advesary in my life. At Relief Society our teacher shared a wonderful quote from President Bensen that brought hope and peace to me. I will try and send it to you. It is a terrifying world we live in but I am forever grateful for the
opportunity that I have to associate with the youth of our day and the incredible job they have taken on the carry on the work of our Savior in preparation for his coming.
Sorry if that was too much! I really hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season!
Love,
Kim and family
Post a Comment