Friday, January 25, 2008

Mysteries of the Mind

I'm always intrigued by my children's dreams and nightmares. To hear about what's going on in their minds--what they're thinking about a lot, what gives them dreams-- is interesting and fun to me. My own nightmares consist of trying to find a missing child, protecting them from "bad guys," death, and destruction, just to name a few. Here are Seth's from two nights ago.

1. An alien was ramming into our front door trying to get into our house. He had a very wide head with 9 eyes.

2. An alien was under the bed "roaring." It grabbed Abram and made a run for it. Seth then ran outside after it and saw the alien get into a spaceship. Seth began throwing toys at it, but when that didn't work he began shooting at it (yikes!) until Abram fell out of the spaceship.

3. It was flooded outside, and Abram and Sam were safe inside the house. Seth was trying to swim to safety as well, except that a huge shark with lots of teeth was swimming after Seth trying to bite him. Oh, and there were crocodiles as well. They could swim faster than Seth, and he was frantic trying to get inside.

Needless to say that after the third nightmare, Seth jumped into bed with us. And who can blame him? I'm just trying to figure out where all the aliens came from. When have we ever really talked about or seen aliens? Chicken Little perhaps? It's been ages since he's watched that. We'll just never know.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I used to have scary nightmares as a child. I began praying every night not to have them, and it worked! Speaking of aliens, have you seen the short that comes with Ratatouille? It is hilarious! I bet your boys would like it.