Friday, January 4, 2008

Holiday Detox

What a wonderful holiday season we've had! The kids loved Christmas and have calmed down somewhat now that Santa has come. We've enjoyed relaxing, reading, playing our new board and card games, and just "hanging out." New Years was spent going to the movies (National Treasure 2) and visiting with friends. It's been just what the doctor ordered.

However, now it's time to get back into the swing of things. I'm trying to get us all back into somewhat of a routine, though it is a little difficult with Abram being out of school until the 22nd. It's just too easy to let them play their new video game for hours on end while I get the things done that I need (which include very important things like reading frivolous books). I'm also going through major sugar withdrawls as I don't have 5 plates of fudge or 10 plates of cookies lying around from which to snack. It ain't easy.
Here are some random pictures from our Christmas:

The boys got this as a joint gift, though Chase is scared to death of it. (Do you like the p.j.'s that Abram wanted?)

This is the video game they can't get enough of. Of all the new toys they got, they split the first second they could to go play with this first. Grrrrrrrr.

Can you believe we've never owned blocks until now?


Chase was so excited for his "dog" pajamas. You just never know. This is the blanket my sister, Rachel, made. I LOVE it!! And I love this picture of Sam puzzeling over how to transfrom Megatron. Isn't this what Christmas is all about? (And I don't know why It's putting my text between the pictures when I am not typing it there. Sorry.)

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lanita, I love your posts. I'm in sugar withdrawals with you. That Harry Potter party you threw a few weeks ago was incredible.

Laura Lei said...

Figuring out complicated toys, and eating cookies is exactly what Christmas should be. I spent an hour trying to put the Bumblebee transformer back into a car for my nephew Malcolm. I'm still working on giving up the cookies.

Adri said...

I need to call you next year and get gift ideas for little boys. William's big present this year was a play vacuum. Although he LOVES it...it isn't very boyish.