Sunday, December 23, 2007

Is it Christmas YET?

As I'm sure you can relate or understand, my boys are driving me BONKERS! The anticipation of Santa Claus coming to our house is more than they can bear, and me for that matter. There is constant movement and noise at our house, and of course this is how it should be. It's just that my patience is waxing thin. I don't believe the sugar-high they're on is helping any either. The following story typifies how things have been at our house.

Our neighbors came by tonight with a plateful of delicious looking chocolate cupcakes loaded with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. By the time I took the 5 steps to our kitchen, there were hands coming in from all directions grabbing at the scrumptious treats. Before I knew what was happening, Abram snatched one and immediately gave it to Chase. I quickly set the plate down, scooped Chase up, and put him in his highchair just as the first crumbs began flying.

I then turned around to an awful shriek coming from Seth's direction. In his haste to get to the table, he had dropped his cupcake face down onto our rather filthy kitchen floor. Of course it ricocheted off the chair first, and there was frosting everywhere. He made pretty good work. I quickly assured him that he could have a different one, and that there really was no need to keep screaming. I got him another cupcake and began wiping up the mess of frosting.

As I'm on the ground doing so, a sound similar to that of stampeding elephants is coming from Abram's direction (I have no idea what the kid was doing-- dancing, hopping, skipping around?). Then came a loud crash and splat sound. I looked over and saw Abram sprawled out on the ground frantically scooping up the remains of his half-eaten cupcake. Once again, frosting everywhere.

At this point I didn't know if I should laugh or cry (more honestly, come uncorked). However, I couldn't help the laughter from erupting as I was incredulous of all that had happened in the 30 seconds that those cupcakes had been in our house.

THIS, is what my life at our house has been like as of late, and we are ALL looking forward to Santa's visit.....in T-minus 28 hours and 15 minutes.

Below is a picture of the boys before church today. Abram and Seth are in their new Christmas duds. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Can I just say two words...RED HAIR! and funny story! It made me laugh out loud.