Monday, December 10, 2007

This and That

We hit another milestone yesterday. Chase started nursery. During the wrestling match of sacrament meeting, I kept clinging to that fact.....this would only last 1 hour today, not three. He did great. I really wanted to go in and check on him, but I didn't dare rock the boat. We'll see how he does next week. It is a very exciting thing, though I must admit that part of me is a little sad. My little baby is old enough for nursery. Sigh. Where does the time go?

We've been busy, busy with Christmas stuff: Christmas ward party and enrichment, bishopric and stake Christmas parties, violin performances, sending out Christmas cards, shopping, making time for our own family traditions, tithing settlements, making goodies for neighbors and friends....you know the drill. It really is the most wonderful time of the year, but it also seems to be the busiest. I don't like that. Oh, and throw into the mix planning a birthday party. Our kids get birthday parties every other year, and Abram gets one this year. It's Harry Potter themed, and we'll be turning our house into Hogwarts this Saturday. Wish us luck! Hopefully I'll be able to relax a bit more when it is all over.

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lanita, I'm so glad you started a blog! You write so well. It's fun to keep up on you and your family.

Adri said...

I'm so jealous. We have two more months...scratch that...six weeks!...until nursery.
You do sound busy! Good luck with the party. It sounds fun!

The Perkes Family said...

I can't believe Chase is 18 months already! It is a great day when they go to nursery, isn't it? A Harry Potter party sounds fun! But you're right--a lot of work :) Enjoy the busy holidays! Wish we were closer so we could see you guys.