Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're Back

We just got back this week from a trip to ML. It was so good to be home! It was so very relaxing. There are definite advantages to small town living. The streets seemed virtually empty (in comparison, of course), and the drivers weren't driving like hats out of bells--if you catch my drift. People actually went the speed limit (which doesn't go above 35). And it was so QUIET and peaceful. Also our house sits on a hill about 2 blocks from the lake, and I have always loved and been mesmerized by the view. One wall, the length of the house, is all window, and I can sit and look out those windows for a long time. I already miss it.

The boys had a blast and hit the ground running. The trip was a surprise to them. They didn't know we were going anywhere until we started pulling out our luggage at the airport. That was fun. They played and played outside, that is until it hit 105 degrees. Ugh. We went to the movies, went boating, visited Jane's lovely home to look at her chickens and collect eggs (sometimes I can't believe I have such City boys), went on walks, played at the park, and just vegged.

One sister is home for the summer, and another is living at home with her family before heading off on their new adventure. My third sister made the long drive up so we had a few days when we were all together. So much fun. I just love my sisters fiercely. I got to see three of my cousins/sisters, two with adorable new babies and one with a fiance in tow. I also saw Brad and Anne and their beautiful children. We went to school together, and became such good friends. I miss those days.

And what would be a blog post without pictures of your vacation? Here they are.


Oh, and did I mention I FINALLY got my hands on my two little nieces, Elsie and Eden. Baby Heaven.






3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

We had such a GREAT time. Thanks for coming, all of you!!!MOM

Melissa said...

Cute pictures, cute new blog, and I love that you have a song from Newsies on here! I really should get that movie :)Christian Bale at his finest.

twoplustwins said...

That sums up my feelings on ML perfectly - peaceful and lots of fun - then I remember the 105 degree days. I'm glad I'm where I am.