Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break

The boys have just finished their two-week spring break. We stayed home for all of it, and as luck would have it, the weather didn't want to cooperate either. We tried to come up with things to do locally and around the house. To remind my boys that we indeed, DID have a fun spring break, I have taken pictures of some our activities.

We had to take advantage of some snow-time fun. ANYTIME is a good time for a Jedi to practice. After all the work it was to get them bundled up, I think Chase lasted all of one whole minute out there. He really didn't like the blowing wind, and can we really blame him? It was nothing a mug of hot chocolate couldn't fix.
We visited the Museum of Nature and Science (along with every resident in a 30 mile radius) and had fun at Pump It Up.
We had play dates (complete with Star Wars toys to play with) and watched a movie on our cheap-but-works-good-enough-projector--a special treat.
We worked on some Easter crafts and painting projects. Are we surprised that Seth chose to paint a scene from Star Wars? Chase, as well, painted a plethora of colorful "Deaf Stars." Abram went with a more serene and cheerful picture of a flower.
And to top it off, we get to listen to General Conference. We've only heard the first session so far, but already I feel uplifted, comforted, and wanting to do and be better. How blessed to having a living prophet to be able to help and guide us in these days. I love Conference!
(Enough pictures, Mom? Phew!)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job for enthusiasm Chase, going outside. He's got the business man's look of "Yehs, how can I help you?" with his mug. (I remember thinking that mug was awfully confusing). Your children are wonderful artists. Spring break is the best with friends, propping up with movies and outings to giant balloons.

Mama Tales said...

Dad and I both say Thank you, Thank You, Thank you. We almost got our Bell Boy fix with the pictures. I'm glad you took pictures. I wasn't so great taking pictures and I swear sometimes you kids don't remember the greatest things!!! The boys are so lucky to have you both!

Unknown said...

What fun!! Wow, I don't know how you did two whole weeks. There isn't really a spring break here. They get a 5 day weekend over Easter. I'm pretty sure that'll be long enough for Makenna. :) Spring weather is just nuts!! Your boys are all growing up, it's crazy how quickly that happens. :)

Anne said...

More pictures MOM! That was fun. I really like the colors you've chosen for your home. another fav color is the boys room. Random, very random.

Dawn W said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time to me - busy! Your boys seem like such good friends, what a fun home and a nice tribute to you and Sam as good parents.

Blake & Melissa said...

Wow, I am ashamed at how little we did for the kids Spring break lol! [hanging head in shame]