When we were watching the original trilogy a few weeks back, Seth would make these comments throughout the movies like, "Oh, that guy's a 4," or "he's an 8." It wasn't until he said, "Did you know he's an ace?" that I clued into what Seth was talking about. The next morning I pulled out all 110 cards, each with a different Star Wars character on them, and proceeded to quiz him. I kid you not, Seth knew what each character was, a 3, jack, queen, joker, king....you get the picture.
Then just for kicks I did the same to Chase. He knew a handful....of the bad guys. Why are kids (at least mine) so obsessed with the dark and sinister bad guys? For crying out loud, he didn't know Luke's name! I mean, if you're going to know Star Wars characters you, at the very least, ought to be able to identify Luke Skywalker.
Now if only they would put this much interest and energy into learning their colors (Chase) or capitals of the world (Seth). I'm totally kidding, but you get the idea.
A video of Chase. I tried throwing in a good guy, R2D2, and he named him Obi Wan. There's a number sounding word in that name somewhere, right? Close enough. On to the bad guys.
7 comments:
this cracks me up. my boys too love star wars and it amazes me how many guys they know. now if only oliver could learn all of his abc's. yikes. oliver was obsessed with the dark side forever and is finally showing some interest in the good guys. our neighbors are totally in to star wars and every year they go to the conventions and bring my boys back something.
Oh I love those boys of yours. I am impressed. That's quite the Star Wars repertoire!
No way, did Seth really know 155 different numbers correlated to their characters?!! Like you were telling me, we learn only what we are interested in right? Wow, it's been a while since I've talked to Chase, I could even understand him in the video, what a stud! I have a 3-yr-old in primary who is always some VILLAIN of the day, go figure.
My mistake. It's not 155, it's only 110. Oops.
Love the video! And I agree - why are they attracted to the dark ones? Since day one, Kate has been fascinated by that page in the NT Scripture Readers that shows the crazy guy in chains before all the evil spirits go into the pigs. Go figure - and she passed that fascination right along to Luke. Anyway, what a great present from Abram!
Great video! My boys are always into the bad guys, too. I don't get it. Luke Skywalker is way cooler than Darth Vader! : )
Per your comment on my post, Kevin Costner also showed his bum in Robin Hood. But wait--I heard that was actually a bum double. Whatever! I don't care who's bum it is. I don't want to see it!
Post a Comment