Monday, March 2, 2009

A Lovely Thing

I walked by the boys' ro0m the other night to see this..... I LOVE reading, and so to see my boys enjoying a good book (by choice) puts a smile on my face.
Abram finished the second book in the Fablehaven series a week or so ago. We were talking about how cool reading is and what an incredible escape it can be when he said, "I know. I mean, when I start reading I use my imagination to picture what's going on, and pretty soon I'm having a blast!" Too true, too true.


Abram working on the third Fablehaven and Seth the first of the Magic Tree House series.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh good times. I remember doing the same thing. Oh wait, I still do it. Somtimes I wish I still had Mom to come tell me it was finally time to put the book down and go to sleep. Either that or more self control I suppose. Looks like fun, good for them.

ashleyboice said...

This honestly is one of my biggest dreams. I always think about how I used to read late into the night when I was in the 2nd grade (little house on the prairie, of course). I can't wait until my kids are there. Of course neither can read much of anything right now so I still have some time...but nice to see it is possible.

Rebecca said...

And you even got a picture of it! I think this is inevitable, your boys reading. I mean, look at their parents! Pretty soon, your whole family will wake up bleary eyed from staying up too late with a book. It's like telling a monkey not to like bananas, it's in their blood!

Dawn W said...

Wow! What good little readers! That's great!