First and foremost I need to start with Seth's 6th birthday two weeks ago. It was an "off" year meaning no big birthday party (happy day), but a nice, quiet family one. We went bowling and the older boys played a game of laser tag. Seth, who is still completely into Star Wars, wanted a Star Wars cake. Thankfully Sam has some artistic talent and was able to frost a sweet looking cake, complete with the Death Star and Vader and Luke's spacecrafts. We also had a Star Wars marathon that weekend and watched episodes IV-VI, which the boys hadn't seen yet (gasp! I know). They were in hog heaven. It was so fun to see the magic of those Star Wars movies come to life in their eyes.
Seth was so excited to be turning 6 and I kept catching him looking at himself in front of the mirror to see if he had grown at all. I love that boy.
That weekend we also ended up watching two other little boys, 6 and 3, while their parents were able to get away for a few days. That was a fun adventure. Everyone did really well, but mercy me there sure were a lot of little boys running around!
So a big Happy Birthday to my now 6 year old boy!!
I just have to point out that Sam insisted on only using a butter knife to frost the cake. Crazy guy, but it seemed to work for him!
5 comments:
Seth DOES look bigger. MOM
You've gotta plan your kids better-you'll be having big birthdays one year and none the next! JK. Does Seth have a favorite Star Wars movie? His smile cracks me up, the raised eye brows and smug lips. Happy Birthday Seth!
How fun! Joshie loved the Star Wars cake - tell Same he did a great job! I'm impressed!! Happy Birthday to Seth! I can't believe he's 6!!!!!
HOW COOL IS THAT! Great Job on the cake decorating! Happy Birthday Seth!
Good job on the cake decorating, Sam. What great pictures - hard to believe that they grow up so fast, but they just do!
Post a Comment