Isn't playing catch up a pain? Here we go, and then on to the present.....
I got a new calling. After nearly 5 years of serving in the Primary in various capacities, I am now teaching Relief Society. Gulp. It feels really different being amongst adults at church, and there are so many new faces. Though I do miss the children, it's nice to be able to go to grown-up classes, and WITHOUT a little one to wrestle. How nice is that?!
The boys had their Father's and Son's Camp Out a couple of weekends back. Sam insisted on taking Chase, so I had the house to myself. It felt really weird, but not in a bad way! :) I went shopping, ate at Panera Bread (LOVE that place), did more shopping, finally got around to watching Twilight, and, of course, ate mint ice cream 'til I thought I would burst. The time went by way too fast.
Abram and Seth finished up with school on the 5th. Seth had a fun little kindergarten graduation. I couldn't/can't believe how fast the school year went. Now it's on to first grade! He can hardly wait, and I wonder what I'm going to do without him when he's gone ALL day. Sniff, sniff. My little boy. Oh, and both he and Abram got GREAT teachers for next year, so I am very excited about that!
This is a picture of Legolas and Aragorn. I was glad to finally meet the other half of the dynamic dual.
More good friends of Seth's.His teacher, Ms. Valenti.
Abram had a fun end-of-the-year activity. His class had been studying fairy tales and the different elements involved. Then they each wrote and illustrated their own fairy tale and invited their parents to Author's Tea where they read their stories out loud and we ate cookies and juice. Too fun.
5 comments:
What!? Seth being calm and making regular faces in pictures? How did that happen? Wish I could hear Abram's story. I bet it was wonderful!
I second Michelle's comment, that had to have been Legolas because Seth doesn't just 'smile' for the camera. The pictures were a fun sneak peak into their school lives. Abram's book looks detailed, with great pictures and whole pages full of writing. See you not soon enough!
Huh. You watched Twilight and didn't even call me. We're through, Lanita! Hmph....
Aragon kind of looks like Aragon doesn't he? Maybe they should call themselvs the Blue Eyed Duo. They both have the bluest eyes. How funny that he has a friend at school who has wrapped himself into "Seth's" world. Thats a true friend.
-Three more days for us, until school is out. I think we are the last to get out in the country!
-good luck with that frist twlight movie. I had to re-read the series to convince myself it wasn't as corny as the movie was. But am excited for the next movie.
-I love your blog.
I LOVE panera. It's one of my very favorite places to eat, it's too bad the closest one is in Vegas. ...sigh... I'm jealous of that and your wonderful day sans kids. :)
Post a Comment