Saturday, June 6, 2009

So Close And Yet So Far

A little while ago Sam was gone again one night and the boys and I were hanging out. Out of the blue Seth announces, "We have the best mom." Though I wasn't sure what brought his comment on, my heart melted and with a smile I asked, "Why do you say that?" (Okay, I admit it. I was fishing.) His reply? "Because you married such a GREAT husband." Oh. Sure. Thanks, Seth.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

L.O.L! Should'a just realed it in!

Michelle said...

It is a little hard watching my daughters go through the family stuff and realize just how much I did not appreciate and how much I took my wife (their mother) for granted through those child-rearing years. Cudos to all the moms of the word! Thanks for putting up with the men, husbands and fathers in your lives. I am so greatful for a wife that raised four paractically perfect daughters.
love, Pops.

Michelle said...

yes, that was Dad, not me, but that's okay :) Sam is a GREAT husband becuase he picked such a GREAT wife! Oh Seth is a funny one.

Blake & Melissa said...

Love it! Conor likes to tell me that I am the best Mom he has ever had. Really? I am positive I am the only Mom he has ever had, so I had better be his favorite!

Dawn W said...

Sometimes fishing only part way pays off, huh?! Thanks for the laugh. :)

The Perkes Family said...

That is too funny. I know your a great mom even if you weren't married to my brother :)