Sunday Sam was made Bishop in our ward. (Collective gasp. I know. We feel the same way!) The night before we sat down with our boys to share the news with them. Sam was having a hard time just spitting it out (after all it is a hard one to swallow), and after telling the news we got a bunch of blank stares. You could hear the crickets chirping in the background. The conversation went as follows.
Abram: "So who's going to be bishop?" The aforementioned conversation went totally over their heads.
Sam: Gulp. "I'm going to be."
Abram: Eyebrows shoot up, big smile appears.
Abram: Wheels are turning. Smile slowly begins to fade away. He is now lookingrather solemn.
Abram: Gravely, "Dad. I don't think you're going to make it."
Thanks for your vote of confidence, Abram. We couldn't agree more.
However, I would be remiss if I didn't say that after a very overwhelming day yesterday, we feel greatly blessed and have been especially moved by the love and support of our ward. What a truly humbling experience.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! I just told Kyle the news and he wanted to call you guys. I had to stop as it is past 1:00 in the morning for you guys. Sam will make an amazing Bishop. I know that your family will be blessed for the service and sacrifice. Our family sends our love.
Oh, Sam will do such a great job, and you will be a wonderful support to him, Lanita. Love the story you shared, it made me laugh. Your family has such an amazing spiritual depth and such a love for others - what a treat for your ward.
Even Abram can understand the concept of being a bishop?! I'll be expecting more regular phone calls now sis while your hubby's out!
Oh. my. goodness. I do wish someone would create a proper word for events such as this and that is what I would say right now, but until that word is created, I just want to say, "He'll do a wonderful job and your ward is lucky to have you both."
First off, ummmm, congrats to Sam lol! I would die if Blake got called as Bishop right now! Totally laughing at Abram though!
Wow. He's young. You're young. Wow. I have to say though, if I had to pick a friend, you two would be it. You're both completely amazing.
Your boys are funny. Unfortunately it will be hard for them to comprehend why their dad has to be gone so much. I know my brother will "make it." He's awesome, and so are you. Love you guys.
Post a Comment