Monday, August 17, 2009

First Week of School

Last week was the first full week of school for Abram and Seth. (I'm slowly getting caught up here.) I cannot believe that summer is officially over and that we're back to the routine of school. They both got fantastic teachers, for which I am most grateful. For the first time ever Abram was excited about starting school and so far is loving it. It's been night and day, and I am so happy for him. Seth is loving the social aspect of school, and I get to hear all about recess and parties they get to have for good behavior. I love it.


Chase, on the other hand, is having some adjusting to do. The first day that the boys were gone, Chase cried for most of it, literally. We came home from the bus stop, he threw himself on the floor and started to cry--a real broken-hearted-this-is-the-end-of-my-world cry. For that matter, I did too. I don't know why it's always so hard for me when the boys start back up, but it is. However, I do get over it much quicker than poor Chase. Through his tears he kept telling me that he was 5 and wanted to go to school, too. Ripped my heart out. I am happy to report that he is doing much better now, and for the most part is content hanging out with Mom. A playgroup that starts up in September will also help out my little bud.


The first day with their new backpacks. I always enjoy seeing what they pick out each year.




4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Did they get matching lunch boxes? I love how huge the back packs are on little backs.

Michelle said...

I'm with Becky. Those are rather enormous in comparison to their back sides. I especially love how Chase's bag about touches his feet. Also, all their haircuts look good.

Tesha Reed said...

I'm glad chase has ajusted .I wish I could have seen them on there first day. I barly missed it. Tell them Hi for me!

Blake & Melissa said...

My kids don't start back to school until tomorrow and I am counting down the hours...

Actually, Conor and Addie start tomorrow, Keller doesn't start until Thursday (don't ask--quirky UT thing for kindergarteners apparently), and Merritt starts next week! Woohoo!!