This year Seth really got into the whole giving part of Christmas. He would shut himself in his room and furiously wrap presents for everyone. The catch was that these presents were various household items, clothing, and toys that we already own. He was so thoroughly excited about them and about giving them that I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble. He was so proud of himself. Of course, Sam really was happy to open up one of his ties and Chase was just thrilled to be opening anything. It made me wonder why we spent the money we did on new things. Shoot, if it's all about the unwrapping at this age then I think Seth was really onto something. Our gifts:
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I remember my little brother doing that, too -- wrapping things we already own.
Those pictures of Christmas morning are cute (especially the ones of Chase and Abram both looking SO EXCITED.
Oh, that is too cute! Why don't we as grown-ups think of things like that?! You know, all we have to do is put a few things away in a closet for a little while and then bring them out a few months later, and they are as good as new. I think Seth is on to something here!
Well, there is a reason we are all charmed by Seth
Seth picked out a perfect tie! Almost as if Sam would have picked that very exact one himself if he were to have bought it! :0) and what the cutenesss is Chasey wearing? ...and is that a Diego puzzle you are displaying as one of YOUR gifts? If so, maybe that should go on our list! :0)
Peter did that too this year. My favorite was unwrapping a used tube of diaper rash ointment. I love all your family's cool p.j.'s!
I bet your Christmas lasted ALL day! Good heads up, maybe that's what we'll do next year for Eden!
What a sweet boy!
I love your diego puzzle. Are you getting much use out of it? :) :)
Post a Comment