Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Wrap Up

The boys started back in school this week after a two week Spring Break. It sure is a lot quieter around these parts!

Because it was Spring Break, of course it had to snow, and a lot. I was out with the boys trying to shovel this very wet and very heavy snow when Bro. Lamb, our knight in shining armor, pulled in front of our house in his 4-wheel drive, unloaded his snow blower and went to town. We were ALL very grateful!
We did Priceline a motel here locally and had a little family getaway for a weekend. We saw How to Train Your Dragon (a HUGE hit at our house), went swimming, ate out, watched TELEVISION, and even went miniature golfing at a glow in the dark place. It was so nice to have some time together as a family.In addition, the boys had fun having friends over, going to the museum, building a fort, going to the park (thankfully the weather was really nice the following week), spending some time at "Grandparent" Peterson's, and--as tradition holds--painting new canvases. They wore me out!

4 comments:

Mama Tales said...

I love Chase's contented, smug, maybe chershire cat look! Maybe the boys will paint a picture for Grandma's new fridge?

Dawn W said...

Ummm Lanita, I think I haven't checked in on your blog in a while. Your boys are really growing up. Abram looks - well, grown up!

Sounds like you had a great spring break. You're such a creative family. Can't wait to see you!

rachel said...

Wow, what a fun-filled week! Your boys are pretty lucky to have such a fun mom. Now that spring break is over - RELAX!

Unknown said...

I love family together time. Even when the getting there (and sometimes the doing it parts) are a little stressfull. The memories are priceless. Another reason I LOVE blogging. We'll never forget. I love reading yours!!