Monday, March 29, 2010

The Birthday Boy

Our Seth turned SEVEN this month! They just keep growing. For his birthday dinner he wanted french toast with homemade buttermilk syrup, sausage, and smoothies. Sounded great to me! He is all about football lately, especially anything and everything to do with the Broncos. He wanted a Bronco jersey and helmet so bad he could taste it. How is a parent to resist? He also got some flag football gear to go with the ensemble. I don't think there could have been a happier boy.


(Above is the sweater and card our adopted Grandmother gave Seth for his birthday. He was THRILLED with it. I would never had guessed. He does look pretty darn cute, er, cool in it.)

This was also a year to have a "friend" birthday party. Luckily the weather cooperated and we were able to have it outdoors. We had an obstacle course, we practiced throwing footballs through a hula hoop, practiced our kicking through a goal post, and last but not least played Capture the Flag with footballs and flag football gear. I think the boys would have done it all day if we would have let them. We had to drag them in for cake and ice cream. Too much fun.



Some Tid Bits on Seth:

~Currently, Seth's favorite movie is Remember the Titans.

~Some of his favorite foods include cheese pizza, french toast, and orange chicken.

~He loves to play outside doing everything from riding his bike, to playing catch, to going on "adventures" of his making.

~One of his favorite books is The Dangerous Book for Boys.

~He likes to collect rocks, erasers, and just started a hat collection.

~Seth has an incredible imagination and just bursts with creativity. He adds a lot of flavor to our family and his humor keep us all going. He is a very kind and thoughtful friend, and we sure are glad he is a part of our family. We LOVE YOU Seth!

6 comments:

DenosClan said...

Happy Birthday to Seth! Looks like he had a great party.I don't think his smile could get any bigger! We love you guys!

Julie said...

What a fun birthday party! You rock!

Rebecca said...

Is he getting tan already?! he should check out the hat collection on "Mr. McGorium's Magic Emporioum" for some inspiration. And today I found a book called "The Boy's book of Greatness". Wish I lived closer to come to his party!

Mama Tales said...

Seth is the greatest!!! This Grandma is President of his fan club and hopes he had a happy birthday!

rachel said...

"Not bad at all!" I especially love the Bronco's football pants. That boy is stylin! It looks like it was a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing!

The Castleton Family said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe he is 7 YEARS OLD! I bet his face hurt the day after his party from how much he was smiling!!