Thursday, May 27, 2010

It Figures

Of course less than 12 hours passed after my last post when our computer crashed. We've got it back up and running now, but who knows for how long. Needless to say we are frantically backing up everything, something that we should have been doing for years. Live and learn.


Here is my first catch-up post. This is a picture of me and my boys on Mother's Day. It really was a wonderful weekend with lots of family time--just what we needed! My favorite part about the weekend happened just before this picture was taken. Per Sam's request, he and the boys each came up with 5 reasons why they love me. I must say it was the greatest gift.

Abram is so very thoughtful and so good at expressing what he thinks and feels. His words were so kind. Chase was able to come up with something about how he loves to play with me. After that it was always something along the lines of, "And Jesus loves me" or "And Jesus made our bodies." Spoken like a true Sunbeam. And then there was Seth. Little Seth who I have a harder time reading and knowing what's going on in his mind. He talked about how he loves my smiles, my hugs, this "Snugglebug" game we play, and how I greet them after school everyday, making his days brighter.

Tears come to my eyes even still. Hearing him gave me such hope! As a mother you try so hard to do a good job and you want your kiddos to know how much you love them. You want them to know that you'll always be there for them. However, often you just don't know if all you do--if all the days of putting on a smile, of giving hugs when they're not always reciprocated, of trying to talk to and connect with your child--if any of it means diddle squat to your little person. To hear him tell me those things, to hear that he even noticed let alone appreciated my efforts, meant the world to me. It gave me renewed energy to keep on doing what I'm doing, and even though I don't often see an outward acknowledgment, I know that it's helping in some small way inside.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lanita. That is so sweet. You have such a special family. I hope I will be as good a mother as you one day.

Rebecca said...

Just love those glimmers, what a special gift. aaaaah