After exploring NCAR, we went on an incredible hike in the foothills. The boys were just bursting with excitement and happiness. I overheard them talking, "We're sweating, we're in nature....this is awesome." Chase fizzled out, but I think Abram and Seth would have gone all day if we had let them.
(I couldn't believe how red Chase's hair looked in this picture!)
Of course we had to swing by the ever popular Pearl Street Mall. Let's just say we've been there, done that, don't need to do it again. The highlight (and not necessarily in a good way) was probably when a gentleman (who just didn't see little Chase) tripped over him, tried to regain his footing for what felt like an hour, only to push into a woman who stumbled into the street where a car was coming and which consequently had to slam on its breaks to avoid hitting this poor woman. What do you even say in a situation like that? "Uh, sorry about that everyone." We chowed down some Ben and Jerry's ice cream and split.
4 comments:
Love the pictures of Chase "fizzling" out! I think we've all related to that at some point. Looks like so much fun!
I watched a program last night and one thing it discussed was how our brains can't imagine how we feel in the future. Whatever makes us happy now we are sure will make us happy forever, and same with sorrows. Guess it was right, to a degree! Glad you had fun
Lanita, we missed you by one day! We were in Boulder on sunday and Monday for the 10K race. Pearl Street Mall...WAY too crowded for my liking! Wish we would've had some Ben and Jerry's!
Sounds like a ton of fun. I love how sweating and nature are so amazing together. :) Family outings are pretty darn fun!!
Post a Comment