Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's Great to be Eight!

My Seth turned 8 years old this week! Oh how I love this boy. He is so ready to be 8 and seems another year older, but I still am amazed at how quickly the time goes by. He's EIGHT for crying out loud!
As mentioned in an earlier posting, Seth wanted some survivor/adventure gear, so for his birthday he got a 2-man tent, walking stick, and a rubber mallet. He also got some books, football cards and album, and a Nerf sword. He was a happy camper.



For dinner he chose to eat at Panda Express. Their orange chicken is still my boys' all time favorite food. Dessert was a Denver Bronco ice cream cake.
Seth is currently working on a project in school on "How to Survive in the Wilderness," a topic of his choosing. He has read the Harry Potter and Eragon series and is currently working on the second series of The Warriors, all in the past 6 months. He continues to love football and is also enjoying swimming lessons right now. Though he may be selective with his smile, I think it's the greatest grin ever. His sense of humor, tender heart, and all-boy energy brings a lot to this family, and I can't imagine life without him! Happy Birthday, Seth.

4 comments:

Mama Tales said...

Seth IS the greatest and I can't wait to share his BEAUTIFUL smile!

Becky said...

He does have a great smile!! I can't believe he's EIGHT!! My how time flies!

Michelle said...

Seth is my favorite 8 year old boy! He sure is a keeper on every level. Happy birthday Seth!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday SETHY! I wish I could've been there to celebrate too. I can't imagine a life without him either!