Monday, May 9, 2011

Accomplishments

Here are some things the boys have been up to lately.

When Grandma Nelson was here, Abram begged her to teach him how to crochet. Following suite, the other boys learned as well. It's actually given all the boys hours of quiet entertainment of which I am quite a fan. However, I'm not so much a fan of the hours I have spent untangling skeins of yarn. In this picture Chase spent a good hour "crocheting." It was lovely up until the point he realized he hadn't really made anything, then all heck broke loose.

Seth did a research project on wolves. This was his sculpture and diorama he made. Notice the bloodied rabbit below his wolf. He started to attack the deer with a red marker as well, but I convinced him not all animals needed to be dying in his display.



Abram and Seth participated in a Rain Gutter Regatta at Cub Scouts. Abram's named his boat, "The Hurricane" and Seth's was named, "The Bloody Hook." It was a great activity and the boys had a lot of fun.


Lastly, here is Abram performing at his latest recital. My digital camera will only record for 2 minutes or something, hence 2 clips for his 1 song. So annoying.





6 comments:

Julie said...

You have such darling children. not a boy word, but they are! and hello mr. talented violin player!

Becky said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! When are you going to have him play in church again? :)

Mama Tales said...

I wish I had made a boat for the regatta! Looks like they had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the recital!

Michelle said...

I seem to be picking up on a common bloody theme in Seth's activities...that is one true little boy through and through. I love it!

rachel said...

I love hearing about your boy's personalities and interests! Chase really cracked me up, because as a Mother, I often feel that VERY same way! Poor Chase, and poor you.:) Thanks for the pictures and video - I love them all!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lanita, it's always fun to hear Abram play. Always. Chase makes me laugh just thinking about him. He is so determined to make something of big of himself. I love that about him. Seth and the bloody boat and the bloody rabbit and the bloody-wish for the deer makes me think of the British and their penchant for bloody.