Sam didn't feel as prepared as he wanted to be for the race. With a couple of different injuries right at the peak of his training, he was not where he wanted to be heading into it. However, he gave it a try anyhow and HE DID IT! I am so proud of him. He came in at 4 hours and 23 minutes. To my amazement, within a couple of hours he was talking about when he will run his next one. Apparently, he really wants to "run" it, and, barring any further injuries, be better prepared. (As he consulted his running log after the fact, he noted that during the last 10 weeks of his training he had been running an average of 2 miles a day. Hehheh. Definitely NOT enough to be marathon ready. Yikes!)
It was a great experience for Sam, and our buttons are bursting. Way to go Hun!
Making posters:
Group shot of the cousins:
8 comments:
Ooh, it *does* look dramatic like that! Congratulations to Sam on the marathon, and good luck to him on the next one (wow!)
OH SO SAD I didn't get to see you.. I know how quick trips go but I would love to see you sometime! Way to Go Sam on finishing your marathon.. My hat's off to you! I have no desire to ever do that.. it's for super humans that's for sure!
Your boys are growing so much and are so adorable. You look great too. I miss you!
What an incredible accomplishment. Seriously. And so awesome that you were all there to support him in that--even though it was such a quick trip!
Yeah!!! Sam might as well have made it through that "obstacle course" on your boys' sign if he can make it through that marathon. Also, if Elsie insists on being a kingdom, judging from this picture, she must be a sassy one.
Congratulations Bishop!! Jeff is ready to run the next one with you!
Oh man. I'm so impressed, Sam.
Sam, this is Scott. You are my hero. Unfortunately my Achilles is not getting any better so you'll fave to run the Ultra on your own.
Post a Comment