Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beginning With The Beginning Of June

Now that we have 3 weeks left of summer vacation (don't even talk about it. Why did you make me bring it up?) I thought I would start posting.

June was a BIG month for us and a great one, too! I'll go ahead and start with its first week. Chase finished up his year of Joy School. He had such a great time with his friends.



It was also Abram and Seth's last week of school as well. Boy, were we ALL ready for school to be over for the summer or what?! And to cap off such a glorious occasion, they all got to go camping with their dad on a church activity. Just look at this face. The last day of school AND a camping trip. Does it get any better than this?



Now I must admit, "Fathers and Sons" weekend is one of the few times ever when I'm really okay with not having a girl. To have the house all to myself, to do whatever I want to do. Sigh. No, it really doesn't get any better than that. My solo 24 hours involved eating at Panera Bread with only a book for a companion, shopping (some of it was errands but the other was the browsing, taking your time, milling about kind of shopping), chick flick, a 1/2 gallon of brownie mint ice cream (I promise I didn't eat all of it), and a little dancing around the house to music of my choice. So great.

And that was our first week of June.

2 comments:

Meggin said...

That sounds blissful! And what an awesome shot of Abe with the bus in the background! Love it!

Michelle said...

This is before the new camera got busted out. This I can tell.