Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chase's Birthday

We got to celebrate Chase's birthday on the 7th. At age 5 our kiddos get their first "real" party with friends and then every other year after that. You can imagine Chase was chomping at the bit for this exciting day.

We started with a rousing game of Duck, Duck, Goose and Pin the Patch on the Pirate, poster art courtesy of Samuel Bell.



After that we decorated sun hats. They turned out cute, don't you think?



Then was an exciting obstacle course followed by fun with water balloons.



Next, the opening of presents.
I loved this. Look at these boys all gathered around trying to put a lego guy together. They ALL had ideas on how it should work. It was so fun listening to them.

Last but not least was cupcake decorating. They loved this, but I'm not so sure I would repeat this one, at least not at this age. When it was all said and done my kitchen looked like a birthday cake had exploded, and it had for all intents and purposes. Frosting, sprinkles, and cake crumbs scattered EVERYWHERE. And let's be honest, they really could have passed on the cupcake part. To have a whole dab of frosting on your plate and some sprinkles to go with is all a 5 year old really needs. (I did try to keep them from licking their knives. That was just scary!)



His big present from us was this:

He wanted drums so bad, and this was the closest he was going to get to the real deal.

We also celebrated his real birthday on the 15th at Grandma and Grandpa's. Here's a picture of the cake he picked out, a common theme in our family.



I just canNOT believe my baby is 5. He told his dad on the night of his birthday, "I'm not a toddler any more, I'm a kid. I'm AWESOME!" And he is.

Chase loves playing with his brothers. He attempts, or wants to attempt, everything they do. Because of that he's learned to ride his bike, climb trees and fences, run really fast, learn potty talk, knock-knock jokes, football, and Bronco players' names earlier than his brothers.

His favorite food: cheese pizza
Favorite movie: The Mighty Ducks
Favorite T.V. show: The Backyardigans (one of his few age appropriate interests)
Favorite Book: The Titan's Curse (from the Percy Jackson series and one he is currently "reading")
Favorite toys: Spy Gear, Bakugans, and Webkinz
Favorite song: Praise to the Man
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite thing to do: "Play with my brothers." See? What did I tell ya.

Chase, we love you and are so glad you're a part of our family!

2 comments:

Mama Tales said...

I think his favorite thing from Grandma is .... KISSES!

Michelle said...

Now, what would Sam and older brothers think of the whole purple favorite color thing? I love that list. Everything from purple, to Backyardigans, to the Mighty Ducks and potty-talk. Quite the array. I love it.