Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For They Say When You Marry In June

We got to head up to Washington for Sam's youngest sister, Elise's, wedding. Elise and Adam were married in the Columbia River temple. What a wonderful occasion and how grand it was to be with our whole family.

Britta and Bob, who live in the area, were so gracious to help organize everyone and everything. They have the perfect backyard that backs to a park--plenty of room for the 25 grandkids to romp around in. It was so fun watching all the cousins interact. We had a little army running loose. They played so hard and had so much fun!

I also had the chance to have my first manicure and pedicure with the girls. I'm still not sure how I felt about the whole experience, but it is definitely one a girl outta have at least once in their lifetime, right? My boys were sure mystified and rather incredulous when I showed off the finished product.



The temple was beautiful and the ceremony just as much. We're so blessed to know that families are forever.


The reception was a hit, especially with the cousins. An ice cream bar? Now we're talking!

It truly was a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Beth said...

An ice cream bar?!! Ohhh yes! (Why didn't I think of that?) (Not like you ever eat at your own reception, so never mind.)

I really like your family pics, the one of you and your boys especially. You guys look like you had a nice time!

mayfieldmania said...

I love your pictures. I especially love the one with Elise and her brothers with Sam's hand on her arm.
Your boys are so adorable and I enjoyed seeing all of you in person if only for a few minutes.