I always have a hard time when the boys go back to school. I love having them home where I know they're safe, loved, and relatively stress-free. Plus I really do enjoy their companionship. Don't get me wrong, it's not always rainbows and sunshine. We have our moments, but I just love having them home with me.
Throw in the fact that my baby is starting kindergarten, and I'm really struggling. Thankfully it's only half-day (afternoon), but I'm really going to miss my little sidekick, my Chasey Buddy. I just cannot believe that the time has come for him to start school, nor can I believe that I'm already at this stage in my life. Okay really. I'm going to start crying.
At least he is so completely excited to be going. Seriously, last night I heard a bunch of ruckus emanating from Chase's room. I went to see what all the hubbub was about and found my boy thrashing around in his blankets like a fish out of water and bellowing like a howler monkey. When asked what in the world he was doing he simply replied, "I'm having a party." I asked, "a party?" "Yes, because....I'M STARTING KINDERGARTEN TOMORROW!!" And then the "party" resumed.
The funny thing is, once he gets to school all excitement is quickly concealed. You would never know that this quiet, stoic little boy has nearly jumped out of his skin and ricocheted around his home like Flubber because he can hardly wait for school to start. In fact, at orientation the music and P.E. teacher introduced themselves to Chase. He shook their hands but made no eye contact nor uttered a single syllable. When we left he told me, "Mom, I wasn't shy back there." "Oh really?" "No. I just had nothing to say to them." Okay, so he's my son. How many times in my life have I felt that same way? It was just hilarious to me to see my 5 year old son use that same logic.
Needless to say, it should be a really good year. The boys all have incredible teachers and they all have at least one good friend in their class, which makes such a huge difference. I guess it's back to the grind!
My Boys. All THREE of them.
This year's backpacks.
Waiting for the bus to come. The bus stop is right at our house which is so awesome, especially in the wintertime. The bus never did come. Apparently a driver had not been assigned to our route yet. Nothing like being late on the first day of school!
5 comments:
Such cute boys, and so funny to not have the bus come. I remember backpacks/bags being the best new thing about school, along with new crayons and first days of school clothes. Darling!
Really...the bus comes on YOUR corner? So are you ready to be the neighborhood watch program.....you'll do GREAT! I love the expression on the boys faces. Very apropo for how they felt. They will do a great job this year, and so will you!
I like how Chase is the only one with a smile in that first picture. He doesn't know what he's getting himself into. The other 2 know what doom they're marching to apparantly.
Alright, I'll be calling you from 9 to 12 this year! I love the pictures - your boys are so big and growd up.
I about cried just reading this post! Very sweet!
Post a Comment