Thursday, September 15, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Two of my sisters came to visit over Labor Day weekend. (Rachel, you were dearly missed.) What a special treat. It was nice to spend time with them, and the time just flew by. Aren't sisters the best?!

Becky came with her family, and I just couldn't get enough of this...
Seriously I could have eaten her. It doesn't get much cuter than this my friends.

The boys couldn't get enough of this......
Cool Uncle Micah, a film major at BYU, brought his spiffy camera and filmed a movie of the boys. Does it get any better than being the star in your own movie? Micah, showing MUCH patience, also taught Abram how to do some of the editing/effects. Abram was eating it up, much as I was eating up little Cosette. To each his own.

Eden and Chase couldn't get enough of this.....
...being totally and completely silly. They sure had a fun time together!

Last but not least we were sure enough excited for this.....
We got to go downtown and see Les Miserable. Oh how I love this play, the book more, but the play as well. They have "modernized" the play so the sets and props are different, and I liked it better. Victor Hugo was also an artist and they used some of his art as inspiration for the backdrops which was pretty cool. The only very disappointing part was they also added more vulgarity to this more "modern" version which was very offensive. If you thought "Lovely Ladies" and "Master of the House" was inappropriate before.....yikes! It was a fun night and especially fun because I got to go with my sisters.

Kind of on a side note, also on Labor Day our ward had its 2nd annual 5k Family Fun Run. Last year Sam and Abram ran it. This year they planned on running it again and I begged Seth and Chase to run with me for just a part of it. I had to tear them away from the playground, but they finally agreed. Seth and Chase shot off and I had to sprint to catch up, only they never slowed down. I gave up trying to keep up and went at my own pace, waiting for them to quit and turn around. They never did! The stinkers ran the whole thing and crushed my time. I couldn't believe it.

When we got home Chase asked if anyone would go ride their bike with him. "Aren't you TIRED?" I asked. He did admit that his legs felt funny and his stomach had hurt at the end of the race. Ya think? "I just have lots of energy," was his conclusion.

All in all it was a fabulous weekend. Thank you for coming, sisters!

2 comments:

Breea Heiner said...

Sisters are awesome, I would have to agree. What a fun weekend

Rebecca said...

Can't summarize it any better! Just couldn't get enough 'bell/cow' Bell. p.s. sorry we came home with your contact solution-DOH! How can I make it up to you? AND I bought Sax's girl book, I'll be a while getting it read but will have to let you know.