Friday, January 20, 2012

And So It Begins

I just dropped Abram off for his first overnight camp out with the 11 year-old Scouts.  Gulp.  Yes, this is his first time away from home like this, yes it is FREEZING outside, and yes I am feeling anxious.  It doesn't help that his new troop is with a new ward (we have no 11 year-olds) which means that I don't know the boys at all, and I've only spoken with the leader twice now.  Double gulp.  His leader seems awesome, very enthusiastic and welcoming, but you know how it is.  Right?

I must admit, being a Scout Mom is one role I would readily relinquish.  Unfortunately, we've only just begun.  Buckle Up.  11 year-old Scouts, here we come.

4 comments:

Beth said...

ACK. It's wintertime! And overnight! I'm sure he will be fine, but I feel for you.

Josh asked just the other day if we could go camping, and I said it was too cold. Sounds like Scouts will be his dream come true.

Meggin said...

Can I just say that scouting may well be the number one thing that I am NOT looking forward to in the process of raising boys? There I said it. I feel your pain.

Rebecca said...

Swab the deck Scout captain!

mayfieldmania said...

I think letting our boys go on scouts trips is one of the biggest acts of faith EVER! Just knowing some of the things that happened to my boys on some of their trips after the fact makes me shudder.