I couldn't help but think of this scene as I have made it through my first full week of the boys at school.
A very fitting clip, and I'll explain why. My house is painfully quiet these days. I don't even know how to describe it. At least when you have a baby at home you can croon or sing or talk to him. But, and I know I'm stating the obvious, there's no one else here. Just me, myself, and I. I went SIX hours Friday without having a conversation with anyone. I thought I would loose my mind. When the ring of our telephone breaks the deathly quiet in my home, I bound over to it and am anxious to talk to whomever is on the other line. If it happens to be you calling, a word of warning. I mostly likely will sound like this guy in the Pits of Despair. Give me a moment to get my voice warmed up and I'm sure I'll be good to go, for as long as you want in fact.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment