Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer of 2012

This summer was a great one.  I purposefully did not sign the boys up for anything, and we had a wonderful, slowish summer.  This was the summer of:

Puzzles.

 
 
Here's a sampling of our work.  I must admit it sure was nice to get our kitchen
table back when it was all said and done!
 
Some fun T.V. watching, courtesy of Netflix.

Phineas and Ferb.  Oh man, we ALL loved this cartoon!  I know we're
slow in discovering this, but it's become a favorite.  By the way, where's Perry?


The old school Incredible Hulk.  Our boys would wait with baited breath for the
one or two times per episode when David Banner would transform.

MacGyver.  I loved this show as a little girl, and boy did my sister
and I have the hotsfor good ol' Richard Dean Anderson, aka MacGyver. 
My boys like it too, but for different reasons.

"The Park," a new splash park with an amazing playground that the boys loved.



We also went on some outings like Jumpstreet, DMNS, and the pool.

Seth swinging.

Abram trying to make it through the room without touching
the laser beams.

 
 
 
And the best part:  playing and playing and playing outside.  This included a lot of Otterpops, cherries, water fights, a magic trick stand, games of Stratego played on the sidewalk, Nerf wars, football in the rain, chalk, super heroes, and bicycle rides.

The boys got quite a few spectators when performing
their magic tricks. 


 
 
 
Meet Freedom and Liberty, "real" super heroes.
 
 

 Oh, and Groundhog Day.


1 comment:

Mama Tales said...

What a GREAT Mom what GREAT children! I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEM THERE!