Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Ode

I love Snoballs, as in the Hostess variety.  When I heard Hostess was shutting down, it made me sad.  I know, I know, I'm sure somone will buy the various recipes, but it won't be Hostess.  It just won't be the same.  *sniff sniff*  My friend, Gina, was able to snatch one for me before they disappeared from the shelves.  So nice. 



 

Twinkies and Ho Ho's, you're good and all,
but you're nothing compared to delicious Snoballs.
Your layers of goodness are, oh, so divine.
Your smell makes makes me go weak in the knees every time.
The sprinkling of coconut and gooey marshmallow,
Then chocolaty cake and white cream in the middle.
The end result is something so yummy.
I do a happy dance when you hit my tummy.
The thing of it all is here my love does not stop.
No, there's nostalgia entwined that involves my dear Pop.
Going out with my Dad "helping" with a hard day's work,
Visiting farmers, making pick-ups, and taking samples of dirt.
I smell soil, gasoline and see the fields whirl by.
Just me and my dad, what a great guy.
And our trip out just would not be complete
Without a stop at the gas station for that special treat.
Yes, you guessed it, that's where you come in,
A Hostess Snoball to complete my grin.
Rumbling down dirt roads, kicking it into 4-wheel drive,
My Dad. A Snoball.  I'm so happy to be alive.
So you see, Hostess treat, you have goodness galore.
I will miss you like no girl has missed you before.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That picture, it's so adorable. The bottom one I mean ;)

Michelle said...

Oh, and you're beautiful too!