Friday, February 22, 2008

Tagged

Here goes Nothing:

10 Years Ago: Out of curiosity I pulled out one of my old journals (I actually used to keep one before I had kids) and was able to see what I was doing almost EXACTLY 10 years ago. The entry was dated February 22, 1998. Let's see.....I was a senior in high school and was missing my missionary (boo hoo), I had just been asked to the Sweetheart dance by Jim Frank (for my high school friends I'm sure you can appreciate all that that would entail), and having just gone through a darker period in my life was inspired by Elder Eyring's words, "......we must understand that the escape will almost never by out of the trial. It will usually be through it and, in the process, the Lord will change our hearts." Oh, and I had just given my sister, Rachel, and poster of Leonardo DiCaprio for her birthday.

Five Things On My "To Do" List Today:
1. Go to the post office
2. Run in to the local grocery store to pick up a couple of things I forgot at Walmart yesterday. (don't you hate it when that happens!? There's no way I'm going to Walmart twice in one week, let alone two days IN A ROW!)
3. Return two movies to Redbox (we watched The Invasion last night. I did not like it)
4. Work on my Relief Society lesson for tomorrow (really that should be taking up all 5 slots).
5. Take a nap--"always and forever" (two thumbs up to whoever can name that movie quote)

Snacks I Enjoy: Raw peanuts or almonds (you can't go wrong adding chocolate chips), peanut butter toast with a glass of milk, crackers and cheese, yogurt.

What Would I Do If I Were Suddenly a Millionaire: Pay off our house and student loan, go on a real family vacation (I think Disneyland would be in order), get some furniture for our basement, some window treatments would be grand, new flooring, lets see.....save? ;)

Three Bad Habits: I'm tempted to plead the 5th......
1. I tear my fingernails when I am nervous or anxious (gross, I know, but I hardly even know I'm doing it).
2. My embarrassing vernacular that I tend to use i.e. "like," "man," "cool," "awesome" and the occasional "dude."
3. Waste too much time on the internet (hey, there's blogs to read, weather and news to check, craigslist to scavenge, library books to renew, and on and on)

Five Places I've Lived: In an attempt to keep some personal info. private I will only say that I've lived in a total of 3 states. At the very least, most everyone who reads this will know 2 of the 3. Exciting huh.

Five Jobs I've Had:
1. Job Service Consultant (helped people find jobs & employers find employees)
2. Play Ground "Duty"
3. Teacher's Aid for the Sociology Department, mostly creating Power Point presentations for their class lectures.
4. Receptionist for a physical therapy office
5. An after-school tutor at my high school

Five Things People Don't Know About Me:
1. Though I wasn't one much for dancing growing up, now I love to bust out the moves!
2. I have always loved and will forever love Bill Nye the Science Guy. Abram is getting into him right now & my buttons are just bursting.
3. One time my friend Adri and I recorded the music and memorized the dance to "My Little Buttercup" on the movie "The Three Amigos" and then performed it at a seminary talent show. (Do you remember that Adri, or has your consciousness blocked that one out?)
4. If I really wanted to, I'm a pretty darn good liar.
5. I believe in bigfoot.

Five People I Tag: Jenessa, Amy, Leah, Amber, Britta, and (oh what the heck) Adri.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I also love Bill Nye the Science guy! If they ever come out with a box set, I'm totally getting it! I could also be a good liar if I wanted to be, except that my conscience would torture me about it. But people would believe me.

Adri said...

I DO remember "The Three Amigos" dance (embarrassing!). However, I think (KNOW) that whatever is in that high school journal of yours holds way more embarrassing information about us. :)

ashleyboice said...

I totally remember the three amigos dance...hahaaa. I loved your journal entry too....

The Perkes Family said...

I don't believe that you could ever lie :) Ditto about the walmar thing. I can't believe you tagged me--I'll get around to it soon.

amy said...

Always and Forever---is it Napolean (sp) Dynamite? Interesting that you are a good liar...I think I can believe that...you have a pretty good poker face. You also are a very competitive game player!

Unknown said...

First, BIGFOOT?????! You are a nerd. Yep. That's all there is to it.

Second, honest people are always good liars, no one ever thinks they would lie. :)

Third, your entries ALWAYS make me smile, usually laugh, thanks. :)