I'm trying to focus on the fun, sweet, and silly things my boys do instead of all the not so charming things. Here are some things of late that make me smile or even laugh out loud........
- Just this morning I was dropping Abram off at school and said, "Bye Cutie" to him. He looked at me, smiled that cute dimply smile, and said "Bye Beauty."
- Chase running, and running everywhere. My goodness it's so cute. His right arm pumps back and forth, his hair dancing on the top of his head, and he looks down at his feet because good grief just look how fast they're going. His movement reminds me of pulling a straw in and out of the lid to your soda pop.
- Seth calling to Chase, "Come on Chasey Shaggy Honey." I don't know why but this always makes me smile. I'm guessing he got it from Scooby Doo?
- Abram singing along with a Josh Groban song when he thinks no one is listening, trying out his vibrato. Or Come Sail Away by Styx. That kid knows the whole song & it's so funny to see him play the air guitar and sing with his rock 'n roll face.
- Chase's hugs. His chubby arms wrap around my neck and I don't want him to ever let go.
- Seth's creations. With a little tape, glue, paper, and markers, Seth can be entertained for quite some time. Add anything lying around the house be it food, toys, rocks, etc. and you've got masterpieces. I'll have to post pictures sometime.
- Watching Abram play the violin. How incredible it is that we have the ability to make beautiful music.
- Seth calling me Miss Blake. Me: "Seth go get your shoes." Seth: "Right away Miss Blake." Again, I have no idea where this came from but that's Seth for you. I could probably make a post on all the goofy/funny things that he says.
- Chase's new thing is to say sorry ("sowwy") immediately after he does something wrong. He must think that by saying sorry he's completely off the hook and, in fact, can now repeat his action as long as he throws in the magic word again promptly after the fact. It does make me laugh though I doubt it will stay funny for much longer.
I'm sure I could go on and on, but I do feel better. Man I have the cutest kids!
5 comments:
Wow, you just made my day :)
Okay I'm totally copying you and doing this. Isn't it so easy to focus on the naughty things are kids do or how much they DRIVE US CRAZY? Sadly, I think I would have a much harder time coming up with the positive things than the negative.
Ahhh! I love that! You do have some cute boys! What great memories! Great idea too:)
Do you remember when we would have michelle sing "Do a deer"or "you are my sunshine" when she was little and she would do that vibrato. I can just picture Abram singing just like that. hahaa.
Eli totally does the whole "sorry" then repeat the offense thing. Drives me crazy. Your boys are funny. I need to start writing down the things my boys say. You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment