Yesterday I was sick. I had some 24 hour stomach bug, and it wasn't very fun. The good thing about it was I had an excuse to curl up in bed and read all day (well, I use that phrase loosely. I still had children who required my attention). I finished The Host (Ash, have you read it yet?). It was a great escape book.
Also, I put Abram and Seth to bed at 6:30. Sam was gone for the evening, and I couldn't stand the constant bickering coming from those two. Usually they get along great, but lately that hasn't been the case. I don't know what the deal is. I told them I had had it & sent them to bed. Now, you have to understand that Abram usually doesn't fall asleep until around 9:30- 10:00 each night, so this fell short of a life sentence to him. "But it's practically morning," was his response. My response was to close their bedroom blinds to try to block out the sun that was shining directly into their room.
Of course they didn't exactly lay quietly in bed, & I could hear them goofing around. I didn't really care. They were out of my hair and being quiet. After 2 hours I went in and pointed out that they hadn't fought since being sent to bed. "This is how you should play all the time," I explained. Of course, being bonded together to a common enemy is probably the trick to that.
Today I feel like a deer in the headlights. My house is a complete disaster after taking 1 day off, and I don't even know where to start. Think I'll just start a new book instead (okay, so I already have).
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lanita, I have done the same thing myself. I've been "done" with the kids and sent them to bed at 6:30. Sometimes you have to!
oh that is the worst, I hate how destroyed the house can get after relaxing just one day. It always takese a week to get back on track. Ihaven't read the host yet (I am dying to) but I didn't preorder it like I usually do and it is hard to fond around here. Plus I hate going places with my kids right now. Can't wait though. Are you on goodresds.com?? I would love to see what you are reading.
Hmmm, I haven't been sick, and the house is still a disaster. I'll blame it on Kim's being gone. I too have noticed that sending the kids to bed early causes them to develop a terrific esprit de corps.
Oh my sister bought the host today...I can't wait for her to finish it so I can read it.
Did abram be sure to stay clear of you while you were sick?-Becky
Post a Comment