I have mentioned in the past how my husband hates mint. And by hates I mean hates. Just ask his sister who bears a scar to this day from an incident that took place after she purposefully breathed her freshly brushed, minty breath on him as a boy. He went all Freddy Kruger on her.
He can smell that stuff from a mile away. There have been times in the past when I have tried to sneak a piece of mint gum. I've been on the other side of the room, not even chewing it, just relishing the taste of it in my mouth. In a matter of moments Sam can sniff me out. It truly grosses him out to no end, so I have learned to do without.
However, last week we were heading out somewhere and were strapping the boys into the car. Sam started smelling the air and mumbled in disgust, "it smell likes mint in here." I took a whiff (TAW, Dad) and could smell absolutely nothing. Then Seth pipes up, "I think it's this," and pulls out some old mint floss stuffed in the crevice of the car's seat. They must have gotten it at the dentist, because I sure don't buy anything mint flavored.
I am truly amazed at his uncanny ability to detect even the smallest trace of mint. It's his only big complaint, and so I gladly and freely give it up. He does so much for me. However, it has become a significant token of his love when he occasionally buys me a box of thin mints, or something along those lines, because...
A. I know it's taken everything in him just to put his paws on the mint infused box and
B. I know he has no ulterior motives as he will not partake of the chocolate (it's ALL mine) and probably won't come near me until the chocolate is gone and I have gone through a rigorous method of decontamination. Now that's true love.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Decontamination? Was that seriously the word we couldn't think of? Wow, why was that hard for us?
I love this posting. My dear brother. He makes me laugh. He better stay away from Bob at the reunion. He almost always has gum. I will have to tell him to buy the fruity stuff for when we are there :)
What kind of toothpaste do you use?? Bubblegum?? Lanita you are a great women!!!
Oh how sad.. I never knew about Sam's distain for mint.. sadly it is my FAVORITE flavor in the world!
HI LANITA!!! I was home for Clark's graduation last weekend and saw your cute mom and dad.. your dad gave me your blog address.. which for SOME reason you have not told me about.. I forgive you though..
anyway.. I miss you and love you tons! Your boys are adorable. I almost cried when i read your post below about the sweet things they do and say. Seth sounds like a total Ham and Abram sounds like he's pure sweet joy.. and chase seems like a funny little boy too.
anyway.. say hello to all your boys. Your mom showed me some pictures of you guys in her wallet and you looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL.. I am so selfish and I want you guys to be transfered to SLC.. not to hog you or anything but I would so love that. I miss you guys sooooo much! Especially when I remember the good ole'days.. you remember when???
ok.. this is way too long.. but it's so fun to talk at you! :)
love you tons.
Heath
That is too funny about mint flavoring. I sure hope that when we were in the same ward that my chewing gum during sacrament meeting didn't bother him too much. :D
Hey sista,
I will call you tonight for sure! I'm sorry! I ended up going to the hospital for a little out-patient surgery yesterday that was kind of a last-minute thing.. so I was still sleepy from the anesthesia last night.. anyway, it was no biggie and everything is fine.. all I'm sayin is I'll call you tonight! can't wait to talk!
H
Wow - that is talent, to smell a piece of floss, stuffed in the car seat! I, too, was going to ask what flavor toothpaste you use, but I saw that Coryn already covered that...ha ha! : )
By the way, thanks for the compliment on the guitar cake!! : )
Post a Comment