Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Halloween has come and gone. Yippeee Yi Yay!!! Now I get to deal with all the begging and pleading for CANDY every second of every hour of every day. Last year I got so sick of it I offered to pay Seth and Abram for their candy. Abram was completely on board, Seth (my Candy Fiend) was a little more reluctant but eventually succumbed. I might try it again this year, however Chase will be the problem. Having no concept of the value of the dollar, I don't think I will be able to persuade him. I have a hunch that his candy will slowly disappear (or maybe not so slowly) into the garbage can (or my stomach, let's be honest).


I must admit that Chase's age is a fun age to take trick or treating. To watch the dawning of realization on his face that all one has to do is say the magical three words and candy is instantaneously awarded is a great thing. To see the death grip clutch he has on his bucket of candy and to hear him exclaim in the end "Da s fun!" is too much.


Abram was a pirate (again). Seth picked Indiana Jones (and no he hasn't seen the movie). Chase was an elephant. I have briefly mentioned his complete obsession with elephants, and we happened upon his elephant costume quite by accident. Jack Pot City. He was in love with it. So cute. Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment. The last one has become one of my all time favorites!







5 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL Chase was a cute elephant. Abram and Seth look like they had fun, or they are on a sugar high...

Melissa said...

So cute! I love Halloween because I get to eat all the chocolate Julianna is allergic to!

Dawn W said...

What a great skipping elephant picture! We used to have a great Halloween tradition - come home & let the kids eat or just taste all that they can in a certain time limit. We plowed through the candy that way. This year it didn't work as well. The kids finally realized their candy disappeared too quickly that way. Good Luck with your sugar!

Blake & Melissa said...

Cute boys as always! I too am glad that Halloween is over...but they are all already talking about next year (insert big eyeroll).

Becky said...

So cute! I looooove that last picture of Chase running out the door!