Friday, January 16, 2009

Special Time

On January 3rd, Abram was baptized. What a special time, and surreal at that. My baby boy is old enough to make this decision, to become a member of His church, to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Big time stuff!

He was so ready and very excited. His birthday being at the very end of the year, he watched as all of his friends in his church class make this decision and was chomping at the bit to do the same. He was also very concerned in making sure that he had a testimony before being baptized and made this a priority in finding out for himself. Come January 3rd he was READY!


My parents and youngest sister, Michelle, came, and we were so grateful for that. I know there were others who wished they could have been here, and we felt their love and support. The program was nice, and I did pretty good to hold myself together. We had many of our friends come, and their support and friendship meant a lot. Afterword we went out to eat at The Olive Garden (a "fancy" restaurant for us), and now Abram is an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


Thanks again to my family for coming out and making this day special!


(Oh and though Seth looks like a grump in the picture below, he gave the most beautiful closing prayer. And I promise Chase isn't picking his nose. His finger is really in his mouth. Honest!)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so great! I can't believe he is that old!

Mama Tales said...

What a wonderful time we all had.!!!MOM/Grandma

Rebecca said...

Ooooh, I wish I could've been there TOO. Poor Seth! Touching pictures! I can't believe you didn't cry! Just looking at the picts, I want to! Good job.

Dawn W said...

What neat pictures to commemorate such a precious time. I can't believe it's been eight years already. Aren't you thankful for the sweet innocence and the strength of these little people in our homes? Time sure flies.

DenosClan said...

Looking at this post brought tears to my eyes. What a great thing that Abram wanted to be so prepared for his baptism. You have a special boy.

Heather said...

all I can say is - how cool. Congrats!

Blake & Melissa said...

Yay Abram!!! It is such a bittersweet moment for a Mom isn't it? Addie is turning 8yo in March and she is rip-raring to go!