Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where To Start?

I've gotten so far behind in Blogging World and hardly know where to start. Let's start this post by highlighting our holiday season of 2008:

  • Sam was in Hartford, Connecticut, for the first week of December. With him gone then and then gone a lot due to his calling, getting Christmas ready was a bit more stressful for me this year.
  • Our next door neighbor, Cliff, was baptized on December 14th. What a wonderful thing it was to be a part of. It was really neat having the discussions in our home and remembering just what is most important in this life. It's always an incredible thing to see the Gospel through the eyes of someone searching for more.
  • Abram turned EIGHT years old! Talk about feeling old. He had a nice birthday. We went to see the movie Bolt and then headed to the nearby mall for some orange chicken at Panda Express (his absolute favorite). Then it was home to open presents and eat cake and ice cream (a Wall-e cake nonetheless).




  • We watched Abram's friend T. for four days while his dad was out of town. T. is an easy kid to watch, however between the excitement of having T. over, birthdays, and Christmas I had 4 little boys who were bouncing off the walls. It was slightly exhausting.

  • When it was all said and done, we all got sick, both with a nasty head cold and the stomach flu. I got it on Christmas Eve and really wasn't in the mood to cook up a storm. Instead the boys ate pizza by candlelight and I nibbled on some toast and oatmeal.
  • This was the Christmas of the Wii. It has been so much fun. Watching the boys open it was hilarious. When it registered with Abram what he was looking at (he stopped even asking for it because he was so sure it was unobtainable ) he started to scream and didn't stop until all the air had escaped his lungs. They were SO excited, and we were too for that matter! Here are some pictures from our Christmas.....

The boys with their new "Feetsies" pajamas on Christmas Eve.

Seth got General Grievous' Spaceship, which he has played with nonstop. (Why do they always like the bad guys?)

Abram has been practicing magic tricks lately and has added "magician" to his list of Things I Want To Be When I Grow Up. He was just a little excited for this magic trick kit.

Chase received a laser-gun-type-thing which is really loud and he really loves it.

The Wii.

This is serious business.

8 comments:

Holly Child said...

Fun Christmas day photos! I think boys are so much easier to buy for! I had a hard time with the girls this year! :o)

Dawn W said...

So sorry you all got sick. What great photos - they sure capture the excitement! I agree about the bad guys - why are they always so fascinating? :)

Anne said...

Brad plays it as much as the boys. Its super fun. I'm glad we got it. I like bowling the best though. It has turned out to be a great date night activity!
Good to hear you had good Christmas.

Anne said...

oh ya, Bless your heart for taking in another....

Blake & Melissa said...

How awesome, Lanita!! I love all of the pics--I can't believe how much everyone has changed since we saw you guys last (I mean you only had one kid then lol)!

Sorry about the sickies at Christmas--that was us last year.

Our kids got the Wii and just about died when they opened it. I swear that thing has only been turned off for bed times and school...otherwise they are on it lol.

Melissa said...

It was so fun to read about your Christmas. I love the last picture of your boys. Are they bowling?

Rebecca said...

This was almost long enough to satisify my Bell void....I love their faces, It's obvious why you would be tired!

Becky said...

Those are great pictures - I love that one of you and Abram hugging! It's sooooo cute! : )