Thursday, October 8, 2009
Don't You Hate It When....
.....it's a rainy day, your boys come home from school, kick off their shoes, and you notice that their socks are wet. Upon further investigation you discover that their shoes have holes in them. You wonder when this happened and how long their big toes have been poking out of their shoes. You question your motherhood and wonder how many other details just slip by going unnoticed. How could I miss something like that, and if I miss that, just what else am I missing? The icing on the cake is upon getting them measured for their new shoes it is announced that their feet have not grown, so I get to fork out the dough for shoes that will have to be replaced in about 1.2 weeks when their feet suddenly decide to grow. Now isn't that nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Boys! I finally bought Isaac two pair, a nice pair for school (that is a little big) and a pair he can trash dragging his feet while riding his bike, running around the woods, stomping in the puddles and all the other great things boys love to do. Good luck :o)
Okay, not to downplay your traumatic discovery, but I am so glad someone else has shoe issues too. :) I never seem to catch the "buy the kids new shoes bug" at the right time, and I just hope their feet aren't permanently messed up.
Hey, by the way, if Sam ever gets a free moment in his life, I know Scott would love to hear from him. - Take Care!
Oh yeah, I just love it when that happens. Or when they finally complain that their shoes hurt their feet, and you discover that they're 2 sizes too small. Heh heh. Oops.
Shoes are over rated anyways
I second that shoes are over rated. Really. If they go long enough without them, the skin on their feet gets thicker and pratically acts like a pair of shoes anyway. :) Totally a luxury item. :)
Post a Comment