Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wrapping Up October Part 3

The boys (kind of) helped me rake up all our leaves in the front yard. It was just in the nick of time as the next day our first real winter storm of the season hit. There were our 6 bags of leaves nicely lined up in our driveway to be picked up, with about 6 inches of snow on top.

The boys had school cancelled for THREE days. Even Sam got some time off work. I just LOVE snow days. Love them. They're the perfect days for cuddling up with your family, drinking hot chocolate, watching the snow fall and fall and fall, and of course a good book is frosting on the cake. You don't even have to feel too guilty about being lazy because a) you literally can't leave the house even if you wanted to and b) you're not worried about anyone stopping by and catching you in your pj's. I loved being holed up, snug as a bug.

The even greater thing about the weather here, is that after our 23 inches of snow, we hit nearly 60 degrees the next day. The sun was out in all its glory and the melt-down commenced. It just doesn't get better than that! It's the best of both worlds.

5 comments:

ashleyboice said...

I'm with you on this one...snow days are the best. Especially if you have nowhere to be.

Rebecca said...

Wow, I got out just in time! Parker is like the place where clouds get food poisoning, hurl everywhere, and then feel immedietly better. What a tender mercy on the coats!

The Castleton Family said...

Becky...is that your official diagnosis?? :0) haha..that is hilarious!! Chase's picture will go down in history with his kids..."when i was young, i had to walk in the snow up to my waist..uphill both ways"

Michelle said...

Chase is the epitome of glee. Really, could a boy be anymore happier playing in leaves? The laughing with his head thrown back even makes me feel blissful. I love it.

Unknown said...

That snow is crazy!! I'm a little jealous, we haven't had our first snow storm yet. You even had my favorite kind of snow storm, HUGE and short lived. Yep. :)